Premier League told to ban players signed in January from rescheduled matches

Premier League told to ban players signed in January from rescheduled matches

Premier League managers have called for the ban of players signed in the winter transfer window from playing in postponed matches.

Many Premier League games have already been rearranged this season over the outbreak of COVID-19.

Southampton boss, Ralph Hasenhuttl, led the calls for a ban to be placed on such players.

He called for the ban of new signings playing in rescheduled matches if such players were not at the club at the time of the original fixture date.

“We were discussing in the last Premier League meeting about what happens with the winter signings in the postponed games and whether they are allowed to play or not,” the Southampton manager revealed in his press conference of Friday.

“I raised it at the last Premier League meeting and that we should think about it because of the integrity of the league.

“It’s not really fair to play in games that have been postponed and the last word hasn’t been spoken so far.”

Be the first to comment

LEAVE A REPLY